Sunday, September 14, 2008

OUR FIRST WEEK WITH SOPHIA!!!!

So sorry I have not been able to blog. We had no Internet service at the condo in Panama City. This 1st week has been amazing. Let me start off my praising our Lord and Saviour, with out Him this amazing experience would not be possible. I would also like to comment that my baby is so beautiful!!!!
When I last blogged Sophia was only 12 hours old and I was actually holding her while I typed. Sophia was born on Thursday, Sept 4. Our first night was great, I nursed her all night long and we bonded great. She almost never cried and it was a great opportunity for me to talk with our birth mother.

The next day, Friday, the lawyers assistant Leah (picture below) came to the hospital and had our birth mom sign her consent to adoption papers. It was a very precious moment. Laura and I just cried and hugged and we thanked her. Initially she wanted 2 hours with Sophia to say good bye, but when I brought her Sophia she asked us to stay with her while she said goodbye. Laura said she did not need 2 hours, she hugged Sophia and kissed her. Then told us to take care of "Our Baby". We will always remember Laura and the fact that she chose life over death, and that she chose us.
These pictures below are when Sophia was officially our baby. Laura left the hospital and we stayed another 24hours. Caleb was so amazed by Sophia and he just hugged and loved on her, he kept telling us that Sophia was telling him secrets. It was really sweet.



Saturday morning, the adoption consultant for the lawyer came to the hospital for Brad and I to sign our set of papers. It was so exciting to be leaving with our baby. We had like a 2 hour drive to Panama City from the hospital.


Marilu, Adoption Advisor
Saturday also was Caleb's 3rd. He was such a good sport. He was so excited to just have the 3 of us there with him. I don't think he cared that he did not have a big party. When we got unpacked at the hotel we went and found Caleb a birth cake. It was so much fun just having his birthday party with us, I think more in life needs to be this simple. Caleb had a few presents to open. The one he was most excited about was a hot wheels parking garage. It was so funny, when he opened the "parking garage" he screamed oh daddy it is a "poker game". I am not sure where he got that from put it was hilarious



The "poker game"
Our family picture, taken from the balcony of the condo.

On Sunday Brad took Caleb to play golf for his birthday. Brad said Caleb loved it, he even got a hole in one.

Me and Sophia sleeping.

Isn't she so cute.
Sophia and her parents!
This is at home is Georgia, she is sleeping on me.

Sophia and her Aunt Terra
Poppy, mommy and Sophia



This week has been crazy, but awesome!! How Awesome is our God!

5 comments:

Corie said...

I think she's one of the prettiest babies ever. This is still so amazing!

Misti said...

She is soooo beautiful!!! I'm so excited for ya'll...I'm so silly:) I'm looking at the pics crying my eyes out! That's so exciting!! She is very tiny! I love the pics....Caleb loving on her is so cute! Great family pic off the balcony also!

I'm glad ya'll made it home safely! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I'm so glad we met and get to share these experiences together. God sure knows what He's doing:) He truly is an awesome God!

Natalie said...

How exciting!
I can't wait to see her :)

Mama D! said...

Scumptious child, that little girl! And Calop too!

We 4 Walls said...

God is so awesome! Sophia is so beautiful! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see her in person. We're praying for you all! Deborah Walls